Hi, I'm Andreas Gohr and splitbrain.org is my website. I'm a web developer and maker living in Berlin, Germany. If you're new here, feel free to check out the blog posts and links below.
If you like what you see, you can subscribe to the RSS feeds for the Blog Posts and Links.
Google Maps Reviews are Dead Remember when Google Maps reviews meant something? For a while it felt like they empowered the “common man”. If you received shitty service or were taken advantage of, you could at least warn your fellow men... Nowadays the Maps reviews are more and more meaningless. I talked about the fake reviews of my… ▶
Goodbye Goodbye little horse girl. I'm sorry I couldn't be what you wanted me to be. I will miss you. I will miss your Whatsapp statuses of random memes and horses. I always knew it would be temporary -- until you'd find what you were really looking for. I didn't expect it to end like this though.… ▶
- Beamer, Dressman, Bodybag — Lovely article about the mingling of German and English, especially in Berlin.
Kia Ceed For nearly two and half years I'm driving a Kia Ceed. Time to do a little review. First of all this is a company car, so gift horse and all that... The Ceed is a much bigger car than what I would have gotten myself. But its also much nicer than what I would have gotten.… ▶
Solar We finally have a working solar setup. The whole thing was a painful experience and I am glad it's mostly over. Time to tell the story. Sorry, this will be long... … ▶
Battery Powered Vacuums Having a dog means more cleaning. There is a surprising amount of hair and dirt accumulating every day. Getting out our big vacuum and juggling with the cable is annoying. So we thought about buying one of those newfangled battery powered ones.… ▶
- Github repo flixlix/power-flow-card-plus
- Build a Q&A bot of your website content with langchain :: Päpper's Machine Learning Blog — This blog features state of the art applications in machine learning with a lot of PyTorch samples and deep learning code. You will learn about neural network op
- Mir war danach U-Bahn Gedanken
Tarly the dog This is Tarly. He is a good boy. He's living with us now for a week. We picked him up from a shelter. Ever since we bought the house, we thought about maybe getting a dog. So two weeks ago we visited the shelter. Mostly “just to have a look… ▶
- Bing: “I will not harm you unless you harm me first” — Absolute must-read on the current state of large language models (aka. AI)
- Progressive web application as a share option in Android
- google webfonts helper — Easy tool to download fonts from Google Fonts for local use
2022 Retrospective My last year wasn't great. Lots of anxiety about the state of the world. I cut the news a couple of years ago. I mostly quit Twitter, but of course that doesn't mean I notice what's going on. The steady rise of fascism. The unaddressed climate disaster. War, inflation, energy prices, supply chains. All within the death cult of capitalism.… ▶
- What time is it on the Moon?
- The Disappearance of the Ashtray.
- There Was Nothing “Wasted” About My Youth Spent Clubbing on Ecstasy
- John Hughes Goes Deep: The Unexpected Heaviosity of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- No faith in people
- Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Dr. Dre – „Back In The Game“ ft. DMX, Eve, Jadakiss, Ice Cube, Method Man, The Lox
Oculus Quest SQL I own a Oculus Meta Quest 2 now and I got it in a weird way... My girlfriend went to a devlead conference recently and came across a booth by Skiller Whale. They offer customized e-learning and skill assessment for teams and hiring. And they ran a contest to win a Oculus Quest.… ▶
Woodturning Lathe A while ago my dad asked me if I'd like to have his old wood turning tools. Of course I said yes. Because free tools, right? So I ended up with a big box: Now this was cool and all. But I did not own a lathe. And to be honest, I wasn't sure if I should get one. Not because I didn't want to give wood turning a try, but because I wasn't sure how to fit such a large tool into my small workshop.… ▶
Older Posts are available in the Blog Archive. Keep up to date with the RSS Feed.